Now taking applications from Network Engineers with Tier 2 experience or higher!
At CBS, our #1 priority is our company culture. Because of that, you will get the chance to work with a great team of people that love what they do, support each other, and make our clients happy. We strive to create a work/life balance and prevent corporate burn out. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights. CBS offers a full suite of benefits and work environment that can’t be beat.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving core business applications and operating systems
- Support of disaster recovery solutions
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Participate in discovery sessions with prospects and customers to gather and understand their technical and functional requirements
- Interface with customer’s executives and technical representatives, CBS partners, and all levels of CBS employees.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
Network Tech Requirements:
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, network hardware, and systems software.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams, and detailed documentation of client configurations and procedures for knowledgebase system.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- LAN and WAN experience with complex structures, subnets, VLANS, ACL, and security.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization. A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a solid, hands-on foundation with Windows OS’s and an understanding of the Microsoft 365 for Enterprise Suite.
- Solid experience in troubleshooting issues related to servers, workstations, and connectivity devices.
- Practical knowledge of hardware/software network security platforms and VPN’s.
- Data storage solutions with SAN, NAS, or Clustered
- Hands-on experience with routing/switching infrastructures, transport technology, network protocols.
- Server and client backup technologies, and image management
- Virtual hosting and Cloud technologies, including Azure, Microsoft Platform is a definite plus.
- Team player, independent problem solver, and owning to the end attitude.
- Strong ability to communicate technical subjects/network requirements to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of independent decision making based on broad managerial direction.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Drivers License as you will be visiting client sites within the local region on a regular basis.